What information do we collect?
- Personal information: including one or more of the following, name, date of birth, email address, mailing address, phone number, cell number, fax number and social insurance number.
- Financial information: including any of the following, credit card number, bank account number, payment records, credit records and billing address.
- Business information: including one or more of the following, business name, business address, business telephone number, names of owners/executive officers/directors, business registration number. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
- Machine information: including equipment use history, number of engine hours, diagnostic and other equipment data.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect, with your consent, may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- Place an order, open an account, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form, administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or when registering on our website.
- Receive written or email communication from us concerning warranty, product recall, safety and security information.
- Receive written or email communication from us regarding promotions, open houses, etc., but you have the ability to opt-out of receiving future emails of this type.
- Conduct statistical research in order to improve customer service.
- Process transactions for goods and services with the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. We may also assist you with financing with certain third parties.
How do we disclose and retain information?
We do not sell, exchange, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, without your consent. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
B&T’s website does contain links to other sites, but B&T is not responsible for the privacy practices of other third party sites.
We may release your information, without consent, when we believe release is appropriate in the following circumstances:
- To comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights and property.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- Report information about your account to collection agencies or credit bureaus to investigate a breach of contract.
B&T uses a variety of security computer technologies to protect data from any unauthorized access. We may permanently delete or destroy data (paper or electronic files) at any time in a safe and secure manner.
Employees agree to adhere to this Policy and never disclose personal information to any party for any reason other than those required by the fulfillment of their job duties. Breaches to this Policy may result in legal, punitive, or corrective action, up to and including termination of employment.
Contact and Feedback particulars:
Mail: B&T MacFarlane Ottawa Limited, 45 Slack Road, Nepean, ON, K2G 0B7
Phone: 613-225-0555, ex. 100
Email: Visit our website, www.btmacfarlane.com, and click “contact us”
This policy was last modified on March 28, 2016